Thursday, May 8, 2014

Split w/ Belphegore on WNA netlabel

Belphegore / Static Park - Split - Wall Noise Action

I'm very happy about this split because it's with Belphegore, one of my favorite current wallers (listen to his work on his Bandcamp) I put his Concrete release on a recent HNW playlist on here and then we got in touch about a split and here we are: Oh the magic of internet.. Do check out his other stuff because it's loud and crisp.

2nd reason to be happy is that it's on the WNA (Wall Noise Action) netlabel ran by Ivan Sandakov. I consider Ivan a pioneer of modern HNW with his prolific project Sleep Column. However, he has recently ended this project but keeps on making walls. He has many other projects but my favorite one has to be Oasis Of The Zombies, which has released records on Smell The Stench and my own Bad Rip Series (btw I still have a couple copies, so check it out)

My track on this split is special to me because it was made during the first recording session I made with my new set-up:

Dream Crusher Fuzz => Boss Pitch Shifter => Boss Octaver => Rat Distortion => Boss EQ

Usually, my tracks are not very loud by HNW standards because I never record "in the red" and use minimum compression. I don't think that's a problem most of the time because I don't really like having to put the volume at the minimum every time I play HNW at home or on headphones when I've listened to something else right before if I don't want to blow my ears and speakers. The difference in volume makes it impossible to make a varied playlist for one thing...

Anyway, this is a problem for comps and splits. I have a track with my project The Killer Came From The Bronx on the recent HNW Kompilation Vol.2 on Nahàsh Atrym Productions alongside great wallers like Richard Ramirez or Clive Henry and I regretted the low volume of my track a bit. 

So for this split, Belphegore's tracks were so loud I decided to break one of my own rules and let it go in the red slightly... Just this time !

Listen / Download from WNA netlabel.

No comments:

Post a Comment