Sunday, May 11, 2014

Fabric Eye

Static Park - Fabric Eye

Still working with the same set-up as last time, which is: piezo mic / radio static => Dream Crusher fuzz => 4 Eyes fuzz => Boss pitch-shifter => Super Crunch Box => Rat distortion => Boss octaver => Boss Reverb => Boss EQ.

"Move Your Eyes" as the title suggests is an attempt at "wall with movements" working with the contact mic and doing a mix of sudden changes in the chain with slow turning of knobs. 

I think I'm getting better at using the piezo mic as source for unedited works because I've been doing a lot of Harsh Noise these days so that was good practice and I'm trying to broaden my idea of what "good noise" can be and toy with things that do not fit my original ideas about static noise as a genre rather than dismiss them immediately. I owe Richard Ramirez's music a big debt for this as it's really the way he uses all kinds of noise in a static or harsh noise context that has made me realize that there were more than a couple of textures that were "acceptable".

Listen / Download from Bandcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment