Monday, May 5, 2014

Heart of the (Proco) Rat

Rat Distortion - Proco

So I'm not really at the heart of the Rat yet as it's my first session using this distortion but I already know it's going to be a good friend of mine. The distortion goes all the way from rattle-y clang to quasi-electronic textures and the filter obviously adds myriads of possibilities.. For the moment I use it to 'muddy-up" the sound when it gets too metallic (I think that shows on the 1st track on Heart Of the Rat, ''Been Waiting'')

My next step is experimenting with less flowing sources and see how it reacts to isolated sonic objects. I've seen video reviews with guitars and it sounds really nice, metal but not too much so I might even try it for my new band project when I get sick of the grunge...

No comments:

Post a Comment