Saturday, June 28, 2014

The Static Park Questionnaire 08 - Extreme Chafing

Extreme Chafing
 
01 What is your name / age / nationality ?

Joe. 30. And I live in New Mexico in the USA.

02 How did you get into noise ?

Twodeadsluts Onegoodfuck. I can't remember if I downloaded some of their stuff or found one of their records at the record store first, but both of those did happen. After that, I started getting into it more as I was able to get it for review when i used to do a zine. Soundo Maso Records used to send me a lot of stuff. Great label.

03 How did you choose the name of your project / What does it mean to you ?

Before I quit eating processed food and that garbage, I would semi-frequently have stomach distress. This combined with low quality toilet paper one generally finds at work, as well as sweating in the summer typically resulted in a very painfully chafed ass. The name Extreme Chafing is in honor of my suffering of chafed ass. The first recording Chass (which I think is still waiting to be released) says it all.


04 Which one of your releases would make the best entry point into your work ?

Probably the Epidermal Nevi, Neoplasms, & Cysts 3xCDr on Altar of Waste Records. Nearly 4 hours of material that spans well over a year in recording dates.


For someone looking for a shorter, easier entry point, maybe the Sand in My Crack 3" CDr on Forever Escaping Boredom Records.


05 How do you record ? (live, sequencing, multi-tracking etc..)

Typically I record from mixer to dual tape deck. Then I rip to computer and do straight editing (cutting out shit I don't like, splitting tracks, etc). I don't do anything fancy at all.

06 What is your favorite piece of gear ?

Being a gear junkie, this is a difficult question as there are so many that always get used. I'm gonna have to choose 2 and say my Boss DD7 and Digitech Grunge. But there's oh so much more....

07 Do you play live ? How is it different from your releases ?

I have a few times. The only real difference is that I plan my setup before doing a show. I fiddle and switch when recording at home.

08 Who would you like to collab / make a split with ?

Extreme Hair Stench. He did an amazing track on the What the Hell is a Jiggawatt?!? Compilation and we could do a collab/split about head lice. I've never really done a collab before, but i have a couple splits (one w/ Vasectomy Party, the other w/ Nightmare Task Force, yet to be released) where the other project has followed my theme, which is totally awesome.

09 Do you listen to other types of sound/music ? Which ones ?

Yes, though I mainly listen to noise. Other stuff I'm into includes grindcore, black metal, drone, doom metal, doom-drone, punk, hardcore, some industrial, etc.

10 What is your favorite record at the moment ?

I don't have much time for listening to records with work, wife, and kids, but the last tape I listened to was pretty awesome. It was En Nihil / Compactor split. I have Deche Charge's Disgrace to the Corpse of Seth LP waiting to be played and I'm sure that will rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment