Saturday, July 5, 2014

Tropical Skeleton on Bandcamp


Almost straight-forward HNW, until the last track that is. The tracks were built from long stretches of improvisation between the 1st and the 5th of July 2014. For the most part I didn't do any fancy editing, just cut off parts I didn't like or hazardous transitions between textures (one has to manage moving the piezo mic around and pushing pedals at the same time ha!) I did a little more sequencing on "La Mano De Un Hombre Muerto", layering some feedback with the wall parts. Obviously "Osirus Fi" is a montage, the beat is sampled from some Black Flag drums if I remember correctly, on top of which I added a sample of Ol' Dirty Bastard and two layers of noise: one wallish part made with the Rat pedal and some feedback I obtained via piezo + super crunch box with the gain up.

So, the basic set-up remains the same for the 4 tracks:

Piezo mic => Fuzz Factory + 4 Eyes + Harmonize + Distortion + Octave + Memory Boy + Boss Reverb & Delay

Distortions are:

"Thug" = Metal Zone
"Frankenstein's Hacienda" = Super Crunch Box
"La Mano De Un Hombre Muerto" = Metal Muff nano
"Osirus Fi" = Rat

Most of the titles and the atmosphere of the release are inspired by this book I'm reading:

 Les Classiques Du Cinéma Bis - Laurent Aknin - Nouveau Monde Editions - 2014

The title could be translated as "The classic exploitation movies". I'm really enjoying this, especially the numerous parts about Mario Bava and Jess Franco, two of my favorite directors. It's in chronological order, so so far I've had to read many descriptions of Italian westerns or stories about Heracles but I'm getting to the part where the Giallo is being born and Franco is really starting to make crazy stuff so the best is yet to come.

Listen / Download Tropical Skeleton H

No comments:

Post a Comment